Your Cookies are Disabled! sets cookies on your computer to help improve performance and provide a more engaging user experience. By using this site, you accept the terms of our cookie policy. Learn more.

Hotline Tip: Notary Stamp On Motor Vehicle Titles

NNA Hotline Tips For NotariesAs a Pennsylvania Notary, I am interested in being able to notarize vehicle titles. Does this require a special commission or customized stamp? Do the same rules apply for ATV titles? – L.H., Wayne, PA

Pennsylvania Notaries may serve as “card agents” in processing paperwork related to the title and transfer of motor vehicles within the state. You would, however, have to check with the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) to get clarification as to whether ATV titles are treated the same as a regular vehicle. You can reach PennDOT at 1-800-932-4600 or 1-717-787-7207.

Hotline answers are based on the laws in the state where the question originated and may not reflect the laws of other states. If in doubt, always refer to your own state statutes. –The Editors

Kelle Clarke is a Contributing Editor with the National Notary Association.

Confronted with a tricky notarization? Unsure how to proceed? NNA members have unlimited access to our expertly trained NNA Hotline counselors to help you with all of your notarial questions. Call (888) 876-0827, Monday through Friday, 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. PST; Saturday, 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST

View All: Hotline Tips

Leave a Comment

Required *

All comments are reviewed and if approved, will display.