Your Cookies are Disabled! sets cookies on your computer to help improve performance and provide a more engaging user experience. By using this site, you accept the terms of our cookie policy. Learn more.

May I Notarize A Single Parent’s Signature On A Child’s Travel Form?

NNA Hotline Tip Logo

Can I notarize a minor travel consent form for a single parent? What documents does this person need?D.L., California

Yes. You can notarize a single parent’s signature on a travel consent form. You complete the Notary certificate using only the parent’s name who is appearing before you. The agency requesting or receiving the consent form should advise the individual of the documentation and notarization they need.

Hotline answers are based on the laws in the state where the question originated and may not reflect the laws of other states. If in doubt, always refer to your own state statutes. – The Editors

Confronted with a tricky notarization? Unsure how to proceed? NNA members have unlimited access to our expertly trained NNA Hotline counselors to help you with all of your notarial questions. Call (888) 876-0827, Monday through Friday, 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. PST; Saturday, 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST.


View All: Hotline Tips

Leave a Comment

Required *

All comments are reviewed and if approved, will display.