Your Cookies are Disabled! sets cookies on your computer to help improve performance and provide a more engaging user experience. By using this site, you accept the terms of our cookie policy. Learn more.

Who do I bill for my services as a Notary Signing Agent?

Photo of woman with long dark hair on phone. She is looking at papers in her hand. Text on image reads NNA Hotline Tip.

As a Notary Signing Agent,  who do we bill when we are working as a sole proprietor or LLC? Do we bill the title company or the signer?T. D., Texas

Upon receiving a job offer to conduct a loan closing as a Notary Signing Agent, you should invoice the party that extended the offer. If a signing agency or title company has engaged your services for the property document closing, direct your invoice to them. Conversely, if the signer has personally contacted you to perform the closing, the signer will be responsible for payment.

For more information, please see our page “How to Become a Notary Signing Agent.”

Hotline answers are based on the laws in the state where the question originated and may not reflect the laws of other states. If in doubt, always refer to your own state statutes. – The Editors

Confronted with a tricky notarization? Unsure how to proceed? NNA members have unlimited access to our expertly trained NNA Hotline consultants to help you with all of your notarial questions. Call 1-888-876-0827, Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. PST; Saturday, 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST.

View All: Hotline Tips

Leave a Comment

Required *

All comments are reviewed and if approved, will display.