Your Cookies are Disabled! sets cookies on your computer to help improve performance and provide a more engaging user experience. By using this site, you accept the terms of our cookie policy. Learn more.

Can I travel to New Hampshire to perform a marriage?

New Hotline Resized 3Can I perform a marriage ceremony for someone in New Hampshire? — S.K., Florida

A Florida Notary may only perform marriage ceremonies in the state of Florida (FS §117.01[1]).

Hotline answers are based on the laws in the state where the question originated and may not reflect the laws of other states.  If in doubt, always refer to your own state statutes. – The Editors

Confronted with a tricky notarization? Unsure how to proceed? NNA members have unlimited access to our expertly trained NNA Hotline counselors to help you with all of your notarial questions. Call 1-888-876-0827, Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. PST; Saturday, 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST.

Related Articles:

How Notaries can add Wedding Officiant to their list of services

View All: Hotline Tips


Add your comment

Kataline Martell

05 Jun 2019

I just received my notary and I've never performed a notary as yet I would like to know if I can get some kind of information on my steps on how to do my first notary

National Notary Association

06 Jun 2019

Hello. The information in this article may be helpful to you:

Leave a Comment

Required *

All comments are reviewed and if approved, will display.