Your Cookies are Disabled! sets cookies on your computer to help improve performance and provide a more engaging user experience. By using this site, you accept the terms of our cookie policy. Learn more.

Can I Move The California Consumer Notice?

NNA Hotline Tip Logo

I was asked to perform an acknowledgment on documents being returned to Singapore. The recipients have asked me to print the consumer notice box required by California law on a separate page from the rest of the California acknowledgment wording. Can I do this?N.S. California

No. Civil Code Section 1189(a)(1) requires a certificate of acknowledgment taken in California to appear exactly in the form provided in this section.

Hotline answers are based on the laws in the state where the question originated and may not reflect the laws of other states. If in doubt, always refer to your own state statutes. – The Editors

Confronted with a tricky notarization? Unsure how to proceed? NNA members have unlimited access to our expertly trained NNA Hotline counselors to help you with all of your notarial questions. Call 1-888-876-0827, Monday through Friday, 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. PST; Saturday, 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST.

View All: Hotline Tips

Leave a Comment

Required *

All comments are reviewed and if approved, will display.