Your Cookies are Disabled! sets cookies on your computer to help improve performance and provide a more engaging user experience. By using this site, you accept the terms of our cookie policy. Learn more.

Hotline Tip: Does A Florida Notary Commission Allow Me To Perform Out-Of-State Weddings?

NNA Hotline Tips For NotariesI would like to use my Notary commission to perform wedding ceremonies in Florida, as well as in other states. What would be the procedure for this? – C.K., Tampa, FL

As a Florida Notary, you are authorized to solemnize marriages within your state, as long as the couple presents a valid marriage certificate. You may not, however, perform marriage ceremonies in other states, as your Notary commission is valid only within Florida state boundaries. Governor Rick Scott’s website contains additional information and resources regarding performing marriage ceremonies in Florida.

Hotline answers are based on the laws in the state where the question originated and may not reflect the laws of other states. If in doubt, always refer to your own state statutes. — The Editors


Confronted with a tricky notarization? Unsure how to proceed? NNA members have unlimited access to our expertly trained NNA Hotline counselors to help you with all of your notarial questions. Call (888) 876-0827, Monday through Friday, 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. PST; Saturday, 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST

View All: Hotline Tips

Leave a Comment

Required *

All comments are reviewed and if approved, will display.