Your Cookies are Disabled! sets cookies on your computer to help improve performance and provide a more engaging user experience. By using this site, you accept the terms of our cookie policy. Learn more.

How do I correct a venue error on a Notary certificate?

I recently moved to a new county within my state. This morning, I inadvertently entered the wrong county on an acknowledgement. Can I correct this? — T. F., Wyoming

Yes, you may make the correction if you have the document with the error.  Draw a single line through the error, write in the name of the correct county and initial and date the correction. Never use correction fluid or tape when making a correction. 

Hotline answers are based on the laws in the state where the question originated and may not reflect the laws of other states. If in doubt, always refer to your own state statutes. – The Editors

Confronted with a tricky notarization? Unsure how to proceed? NNA members have unlimited access to our expertly trained NNA Hotline counselors to help you with all of your notarial questions. Call 1-888-876-0827, Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. PST; Saturday, 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST.

View All: Hotline Tips

Leave a Comment

Required *

All comments are reviewed and if approved, will display.