Your Cookies are Disabled! sets cookies on your computer to help improve performance and provide a more engaging user experience. By using this site, you accept the terms of our cookie policy. Learn more.

Can I Perform RONs If I Move To Another State?

If I move to another state but continue to work for a company in Florida, may I perform remote online notarizations or physical notarizations for my employer in Florida?P.M., Florida

No, not as a Florida Notary.  Florida requires a Notary to be a resident of the state.  If you relocate to another state, you must resign your Florida Notary commission. If the state where you move allows you to perform remote online notarizations, you could be appointed as a Notary there and likely still perform those types of notarizations for your employer, but you would not be able to perform physical notarizations unless the individual for whom you are notarizing is in your physical presence.

Hotline answers are based on the laws in the state where the question originated and may not reflect the laws of other states. If in doubt, always refer to your own state statutes. – The Editors

Confronted with a tricky notarization? Unsure how to proceed? NNA members have unlimited access to our expertly trained NNA Hotline counselors to help you with all of your notarial questions. Call 1-888-876-0827, Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. PST; Saturday, 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST.

Additional Resources:

NNA Knowledge Center RON Resources

1 Comment

Add your comment

C. Inda

01 Jul 2020


Leave a Comment

Required *

All comments are reviewed and if approved, will display.