Your Cookies are Disabled! sets cookies on your computer to help improve performance and provide a more engaging user experience. By using this site, you accept the terms of our cookie policy. Learn more.

Hotline Tip: How Do I Change The Address On My Commission?

NNA Hotline Tips For NotariesI recently moved to a different county in Pennsylvania and no longer work in the county where I initially received my commission. Do I need to make a change to my commission? - D.A., Danville, PA

You must inform the Secretary of the Commonwealth and the recorder of deeds in the county of original appointment. Notification of the change of office address must be made in writing or electronically within five days after the change (57 PS 153). When you change your office address to a new county, you must register your official signature with the prothonotary’s office of the new county within 30 days. In counties of the second class, you must also register your signature with the clerk of court’s office within 30 days (57 PS 153 and 57 PS 155). Notaries in other states should consult with their Notary commissioning agency for the protocol for reporting address changes.

Hotline answers are based on the laws in the state where the question originated and may not reflect the laws of other states. If in doubt, always refer to your own state statutes. –The Editors


Confronted with a tricky notarization? Unsure how to proceed? NNA members have unlimited access to our expertly trained NNA Hotline counselors to help you with all of your notarial questions. Call (888) 876-0827, Monday through Friday, 5 a.m. to 7 p.m. PST; Saturday, 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST

Leave a Comment

Required *

All comments are reviewed and if approved, will display.