NOTICE TO ONLINE ENTRANTS
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of an online entrant, entry will be deemed submitted by the "Authorized Account Holder" of the Facebook Profile submitted at time of entry. Authorized Account Holder means the natural person who is assigned to the Facebook Profile by Facebook. Entry materials/data that have been tampered with or altered, or mass entries or entries submitted by a script, macro or use of automated devices are void.
2. The contest is open to all individuals eighteen (18) years or older in the U.S. Employees, officers, directors, representatives and immediate family and household members of the National Notary Association, their affiliated companies, and advertising and promotion agencies are not eligible to participate in the contest. All participants must be residents of the United States.
3. The contest will run until August 10th, 2012. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries divided by the number of prizes available to be won. To participate, you must answer the questions posted daily beginning July 30th, that will be featured on facebook.com/nationalnotary.Contestants who submit the most correct answers over the 10-day challenge, and who answer them quickest, will be eligible to win prizes.
4. If the National Notary Association is unable to contact a potential winner or a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and, at National Notary Association's discretion, an alternate winner will be selected. If a potential winner is at least 18 but still considered a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of his/her parent or legal guardian who will be responsible for fulfilling all requirements imposed on winner set forth herein.
5. Prize(s): Three (3) GOLD MEDAL WINNERS will receive a copy of “Why Coolidge Matters,” NNA Messenger Bag, NNA Coaster, NNA Portfolio. Three (3) SILVER MEDAL WINNERS will receive a copy of “Why Coolidge Matters,” NNA Coaster, NNA Portfolio. Three (3) BRONZE MEDAL WINNERS will receive a copy of “Why Coolidge Matters,” NNA Coaster.
6. Prize(s) are not transferable. No cash substitutions. National Notary Association may, at their sole discretion, substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
7. Prize winner will be responsible for any and all applicable federal, state and local taxes on the prize. The Notary Summer Games is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws.
8. By participating in the contest, each entrant agrees to abide and be bound by all of the official contest rules and the decisions of National Notary Association. All decisions regarding the contest including, but not limited to, selecting the winners shall be made by National Notary Association whose decisions shall be final, including but not limited to if the entrant fails to abide by these rules, or otherwise acts (a) in a non-professional or inappropriate manner, (b) it is perceived that contestant has an intent to harass, abuse, threaten or annoy any other entrant, National Notary Association, their affiliated companies or their advertising and promotions agencies, or (c) in any other disruptive manner.
9. By participating, each entrant further agrees: (a) to release, discharge and hold harmless National Notary Association and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives of the forgoing (collectively, "Released Parties") from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind to persons, including death, or property resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from entrant's participation in the Notary Summer Games or any Notary Summer Games-related activity or the acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any awarded prize(s) (including any travel/activity related thereto); and (b) to the use of his/her name, voice, performance, photograph, caption, entry, and/or likeness for programming, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in any and all media, now or hereafter known, worldwide and on the Internet, and in perpetuity by National Notary Association and its designees, without compensation (unless prohibited by law) or additional consents.
10. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, illegible, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled entries, or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Notary Summer Games, including, without limitation, lost, stolen or misdirected referrals, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Notary Summer Games, the processing of registrations, the announcement of the prizes, or in any related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Notary Summer Games. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to any person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this contest or downloading materials from or use of the website. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the contest or website, who act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by National Notary Association, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Should any portion of the contest be, in National Notary Association's sole opinion, compromised for any reason, including virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the National Notary Association, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or submission of entries, the National Notary Association reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the entry (or portion thereof) and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner(s) at issue from all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to action taken in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE NOTARY SUMMER GAMES MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE NATIONAL NOTARY ASSOCIATION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW, INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION.
11. National Notary Association makes no warranties, and hereby disclaims any and all warranties, express or implied, concerning any Prize(s) furnished in connection with the contest. WITHOUT LIMITING THE GENERALITY OF THE FOREGOING, SUCH PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND THE NATIONAL NOTARY ASSOCIATION HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL SUCH WARRANTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND/OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
12. In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries are received and/or National Notary Association is prevented from awarding prizes or continuing with the contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within National Notary Association's control (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), then National Notary Association shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Notary Summer Games. If the contest is terminated before the designated end date, National Notary Association will (if possible) select the winner in a random drawing from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each entrant's sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. If, for any reason, more bona fide winners come forward seeking to claim prizes in excess of the number of each type of prize set forth in these Official Rules, the winners, or remaining winners, as the case may be, of the advertised number of prizes available in the prize category in question may be selected in a random drawing from among all persons making purportedly valid claims for such prize(s). The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein.
13. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the state of California; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Notary Summer Games, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) unless otherwise prohibited, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and the National Notary Association in connection with the Notary Summer Games shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the state of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the state of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the state of California. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant entering via the method set forth, the name that appears on the Facebook comment will be deemed to be the entrant.
14. The information you provide on Facebook will be used to alert winners of the Notary Summer Games and to provide entrants with services and offers.
15. Any questions, comments or concerns regarding the contest should be directed to the National Notary Association at email@example.com
16. Void outside the U.S., in Puerto Rico, and wherever else prohibited.