You’ve read about the wide variety of workshops and presentations. You understand the need for the proper training and education to meet the changing world of notarization; and you know that attending NNA 2013 Conference is important for career growth and liability prevention. But in this economy, many businesses are reluctant to spend money on continuing education for their employees, so how do you convince your boss to send you?
Most employers are focused on the bottom line. So before approaching your supervisor, identify the NNA 2013 workshops that will help increase revenue, cut costs or protect your employer — and yourself — from liability. Here are a few topics that will be helpful.
- Balancing duty to your employer, your state and yourself
- Notarizing powers of attorney, limited powers of attorney, affidavits, copy certifications, wills
- New industry requirements for Notary training, education and certification
- How to stay safe by complying with laws and best practices
- Why E&O Insurance is critical
- How to handle special documents; i.e. immigration documents, estate documents
- How to handle requests without providing unauthorized legal advice
- Standards of professional practice
This is just a sample of the valuable material available at Conference. Once you have stated your case, a visit to the NNA 2013 Conference website should be all it takes. Good luck!